|Client||Lend lease, Georgiou, Burton and Fulton Hogan.|
|Year projected to be completed||2021|
|Value total ($)||4.1 Billion|
These combined roadway upgrades will deliver new and improved roads to support integrated transport in the region and capitalise on the economic benefits from the Western Sydney Airport at Badgerys Creek. The upgrades will improve safety, increase road capacity and reduce congestion and travel times in the future.
The Northern Road upgrade covers 11.3 kilometres between Peter Brock Drive, Oran Park and Mersey Road, Bringelly, including The Northern Road and Bringelly Road intersection which will be built as an interchange.
The second stage of the Bringelly Road upgrade covers about 4.3 kilometres between King Street, Rossmore and The Northern Road, Bringelly.
- Two lanes in each direction with a four-metre-wide shoulder and wide central median allowing for widening to six lanes, when required
- A grade separated interchange (underpass) at Bringelly Road to the east of Bringelly Village shops and the existing intersection with Bringelly Road/Greendale Road
- A speed limit of 80km/h
- A three-metre-wide shared pedestrian/cyclist path on the eastern side
- Designated turning lanes and bicycle and pedestrian crossing provisions at traffic lights
- Bus priority lanes at traffic lights and indented bus bays
- Temporary U-turn facilities at some future precinct link roads
- Nine intersections to be upgraded with new traffic lights
- Existing bridge over Thompson Creek replaced for southbound traffic and a new bridge for northbound traffic.