|Client:||Transurban and NSW Government|
|Location:||Pennant Hills to Wahroonga|
|Value total ($):||2.65 Billion|
NorthConnex will provide twin motorway tunnels around nine kilometres in length with a height clearance of 5.3 m and a speed limit of 80 km/h.
As part of NorthConnex, integration work along the Hills M2 Motorway is under way to allow the safe merge of traffic from the tunnel onto the Hills M2 Motorway via a new westbound lane from Pennant Hills Road to the Windsor Road interchange.
- Twin nine-kilometre motorway tunnels each with a three-lane capacity for future traffic growth
- A northern interchange at Pennant Hills Road and the M1 Pacific Motorway
- A northern ventilation outlet and support facilities located within and immediately adjacent to the existing M1 Motorway corridor
- A southern interchange at Pennant Hills Road and the Hills M2 Motorway
- A motorway control centre, ventilation outlet and support facilities located near the southern interchange
- Integration work on the Hills M2 Motorway to provide an extra 3.5 km lane and bridge widening works from Pennant Hills Road to the Windsor Road interchange
- On and off-ramps linking the tunnel and the existing M1 Pacific Motorway, north of Edgeworth David Avenue
- A switching station on Coral Tree Drive to power the tunnel and support facilities
- Two tunnel support facilities to provide air intake systems, emergency smoke extraction outlets and substations.
AusDilaps scope of works included dilapidation inspections on a number of properties along the project route.