|Client||A W Edwards Pty Ltd, Laing O’Rourke|
|Year projected to be completed||2020|
|Value total ($)||700 Million|
The NSW Government recognises that our growing and ageing population, and massive expansion in Sydney’s west has fundamentally changed our community and the way we plan our health services.
Carried out over multiple stages of construction, Stage 2 continued future service planning, addressing the services that were not covered in Stage 1 or that require further enhancement.
The development provided better access to services for the local community by providing more services closer to home and reducing the need to travel out of the area for treatment.
NSW Government also needed to attract and retain valuable healthcare staff by creating contemporary working environments and more opportunities for training, education and research.
Building Dilaps worked with A W Edwards and Laing O’Rourke on different sections of the project to execute the NSW Governments vision for stage one and two which includes:
- New emergency department with emergency and short stay beds and a new psychiatric emergency care service and dedicated unit in Emergency
- New intensive care unit
- Eight new operating theatres and space for future expansion
- New purpose-built wards for expanded birthing (with a well-ness model of care), maternity, women’s health, and newborn care
- New paediatric service with dedicated emergency department facilities, day stay and inpatient facilities opening in stages
- Medical imaging, sterilising and non-clinical support services expansion
- Contemporary new activity-based workspaces for support staff
- Expanded haemodialysis unit for hospital in-patients.
- A new 420-space multi-storey car park, a new covered link into the hospital, a new hospital entry from Panorama Parade and other road improvements to create a more welcoming and easier-to-navigate hospital campus.